The songs that are played again and again and again to help me get into writing mode. What do you listen to when writing?
- Prelude in D flat Major, Op. 28,15 ‘Raindrop’ by Frederic Chopin.
- My absolute favourite classical piece ever. It immediately puts me in a calm, peaceful place. Ironically, I was inspired to listen to Chopin through the TV show Dexter.
- Children by Robert Miles.
- This piece would always help me focus, I can’t remember how I discovered it, but I used to play it on repeat when I needed to write an essay that was due the next day (side note: my sister hated it with a vengeance, because of how often I had to write an essay that was due the next day).
- My Friend by Groove Armada.
- Also on my ‘running’ playlist, I listened to this when training for Round the Bays a couple of years ago (sadly, I am nowhere near fit anymore. Maybe next year?). It was the only song with lyrics, until I added…
- Little by Little, also by Groove Armada.
- Apparently I like Groove Armada.