I’m shifting something I used to do on my Facebook page (which I decided wasn’t worthwhile for me), and that my writerly friend Joy Findlay does: The week that was.
Every Monday, I would post up what’s been happening with my writing. It was a great way to share my achievements, upcoming goals, and to hold myself accountable to said goals. So every Monday, I’ll be blogging about:
- Last week’s writing updates
- This week’s writing goals
- This week’s personal development focus
- Last week’s artwork update
Every now and again there’ll be some other stuff chucked in there, but that’s the gist of it – so here goes!
Last week in writing
- Wrote a haiku a day for Green Bay Writer’s poetry challenge.
- Edited up to chapter six of The Caretaker of Imagination (WIP – 20ish chapters in total).
- Started planning sequel for TCoI.
- Started planning new children’s novel – working title: Butterflies and Demons (this may change. This probably will change).
- Journalled every day.
This week’s writing goals
- Write a haiku a day for Green Bay Writers.
- Edit up to chapter 10 of The Caretaker of Imagination.
- Explore ideas further for TCoI sequel.
- Create a loose plot outline for Butterflies and Demons.
- Journal every day.
Personal development foci
- Be appreciative and grateful for the beautiful people in my life.
- Recognise the abundance of wealth, in all its forms, in my life.
- Smile and laugh as often as I can (I had a super grumpy week last week).
- Lots of sketching last week!
- Almost completed a larger painting, but not 100% happy with it. I’ll come back to it later.